If I’m being honest, the most interesting thing about me right now is the fact that I have a baby. For the nine months before I had said baby, it was that I was pregnant. I could talk about my labor, breastfeeding, and her pooping habits all day, every day if people would let me. Thankfully I have people in my life that know when to tell me to shut up. For them I am forever grateful.
So, in honor of being an annoying first time mom I thought I would put together a list of things that moms (or anyone) can blog about other than their kid. Because, yes, you too can blog about things other than you child if you put your mind to it.
- Birth control and why it’s so hard to remember to take it (Just me? Oh, okay. Never mind.)
- Recipe for your go-to dinner
- Recommended TV shows (Everyone needs to watch the Bold Type so it stays on the air.)
- Favorite solo activity (No, not that.)
- Your quick get ready routine (AKA how to look like you’ve showered on day three)
- Proudest moment other than giving birth
to your precious angel
- Opinion on a controversial topic
- What do you think about Kylie Jenner getting her own show?
- Couponing for beginners
- Write a blog post from the bathroom (Much like this one…)
- A letter to your role model/hero/inspiration/enemy
- Personal life goals that don’t involve your children
- Why your husband sucks/rocks/is mediocre
- How to pamper yourself in 20 minutes a day
- Biggest regret and what you’d do differently
- Tell us about your neighbors
- What you miss about being single
- Favorite quote and what it means to you
- What kind of person you want to be and what you’re doing to get there
- How you maintain a work/life balance
- Take us on a tour of your city
- Favorite piece of furniture (Hi, couch.)
- Where you want to be a year from today (Hi, couch. Again.)
- Private vs. Public School
- Make us your favorite drink
- Commentary on current events
- Your dream job
- What’s in your purse (And now clean that shit out.)
- If you could be sponsored by any brand, which would it be?
- Favorite piece of jewelry and what it means to you
- How you got your animals and if you do/don’t regret it
- How do finances work in your family?
- If you could ask your boss one question, what would it be?
See? Thirty-three blog posts about things that aren’t your child. That’s more than a month’s worth of blog posts. You’re welcome, world.